Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

kangkung inspired mug coaster

because the kangkung jokes were raging and because its public holiday (14/01/2014-Maulidur Rasul), and also because i finally found my 3.5 crochet hook (after cleaning up my bedroom!). i knew its somewhere in the room.. hmmph..

so i decided to crocheted a coaster for my 'poppy' mug.




i got 'poppy' for RM1 at a jumble sale in Satok a couple years ago. i bought a purple ceramic coaster for it (also RM1). but, look how cute the new crocheted coaster with poppy!

many years from now, i know, i will remember the kangkung jokes whenever i look at this coaster.

i also patched my travelling bag 'ellie' with a vietnam flag badge (got it from my HCMC visit back in 2011)




i bought the bag from my first solo travel to Cambodia in 2012. so, yeah, ellie is special to me. and i'm hoping she will endure more years of travel with me. i will patch her up with more flags of places i visited (promise ;)

crocheted a few more granny squares for my big blanket project. will picture update on that, this friday. and the magic number of squares i'm aiming is : 378 

No comments: