Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

passiflora

cakap pasal passion. bah i kick off with a passion fruit story lah..(read on to know what's the connection with my passion)

when i was a child, (aged around 11) my parents planted a 2 ha passionfruit groove, and that's the second most rewarding, profitable part time job i ever had. (the first would be me being assistant to my gram-bless her soul, selling ginger and other farm produce at Tamu).

the passionfruits (markisa) was daily picked (usually done in the late afternoon 5-6pm). all of us, my elder bro Adam, my sis Linda and younger bros Atan and Amit, would lined up (the passionfruits were planted in a long lane supported by belian and lined with metal wire). i have a favourite lane! lane number 3! because it got purple passionfruit in it (the purple one have no difference with the ordinary yellow.. maybe the flesh of purple passionfruit are more orangeish, but it taste the same) so, we'd lined up with our sacks and handpicked the fruits.. then we collected it at our little sulap (hut). sorted, (buang tangkai) and put into sacks for the KPD (Koperasi Pembangunan Desa) people to collect.

collection was done every tuesdays and thursdays. and payment made every 1st week of the month. it's a happy day.. payday! (so i can buy a maggi mee and eat it raw! my mom cant complaint, because its MY money)

forgot to inform, my parents didnt provides daily allowance for school.. so, we have to earn it (ala... selling rambutan to my schoolmates, sell at Tamu) the hardest thing to do was....

SAMBUNG BISUK (GTG.. MY BOSS IS CALLING)

2 comments:

erizabesu said...

purple passionfruit? wah..never seen that one ooh. do you hv pictures of it? selalu nampak the yellow type sj.but markisa has a strong smell also kan. my students always curi2 makan in the class but still kedapatan because of the smell. Wah..the smell helped me a lot what..

hehe..

thanks for sharing your story sis( don't know what to address you)It's fun to read.
GBU

kukuanga said...

the purple passionfruit are more common in NZ. but, actually the yellow one yielded more juice and are more suitable to tropical climate...

my passionfruit story was years back.. no pic (sorry). but you always can google it up (passionfruits + New Zealand)

hahaha!! where you teaching?

my name is Lydia. i try to post one entry per week in this blog. daily entry will be on the other one..(just musing) glad you like these..